The Chicago Coalition of Welcoming Churches is a collaboration of more than 80 churches and other
ministries in the Chicago metropolitan area which welcome and affirm people of all sexual orientations
and gender identities. We have two goals:
- To spread the message of our members' LGBTQ-inclusion across the Chicago metropolitan area, mindful that a positive message about sexual and family diversity is a
gift to all people.
- To connect the leaders, members, and guests of our partner churches for fellowship and education, enabling support and resource-sharing for the practices of
We are a cell group congregation with members throughout the Chicago-land area. Our primary locations are the DeKalb and Algonquin areas.
Faith Johnson, Pastor
Brian Ober, Outreach Contact
Schedule of Activities
Monthly Worship (typically on Saturday)
Frequent small group studies in DeKalb, Algonquin, LaSalle, and Batavia
See our web site for all events.
A cell group-based congregation based in both Chicago, IL and ODU in Norfolk, VA for folks that struggle with the formalities of church. It's a church for folks that do not like church :-)
Many people struggle to find relevance or authenticity in places traditional worship. Many people find church to be boring and predictable. Many people find themselves left out of the worship experience.
This is not acceptable.... A new vision and approach is needed.
Welcome to OnEdge Ministries!!!!! OnEdge Ministries is a Chicago-based ministry that is open to all ages and all that we do (from our worship, small group study, and to get-togethers) focus on the following:
- Creating an environment where ALL people feel loved and accepted (regardless of race, financial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, education, past mistakes, etc).
- Developing a relationship with a God of unconditional love.
- Helping others learn about a God that loves them.
- Building strong relationships with peers.
- Open and honest communication and a genuine caring for others.
- The fact that our actions are required to make this world a more loving and gracious place.