Purpose of the Coalition
The Chicago Coalition of Welcoming Churches is a collaboration of more than 80 churches and other ministries in the Chicago
metropolitan area which welcome and affirm people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. We have two
- To spread the message of our members' LGBTQ-inclusion across the Chicago metropolitan area, mindful that a positive message about
sexual and family diversity is a gift to all people.
- To connect the leaders, members, and guests of our partner churches for fellowship and education, enabling support and
resource-sharing for the practices of faithful welcome.
Join or Renew Your Partnership
Diverse United (United Methodist, ELCA, Episcopalian)
- Norwood Park Lutheran Church: 5917 North Nina Avenue, Chicago, IL 60631
- New Hope United Methodist Church: 7115 West Hood Avenue, Chicago, IL 60631
- St. Alban's Episcopal Church 6240 North Avondale Avenue, Chicago, IL 60631
c/o Norwood Park Lutheran Church
5917 North Nina Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
We are a progressive, mainline protestant congregation located on Chicago's Northwest side in Norwood Park. We are a congregation of Episcopalians, ELCA Lutherans, and United Methodists dedicated to serving those in need and working for justice. At our congregation you are invited to join with us as we seek to be God's loving community for all who enter here. You are received as a friend:
- just as you are, created by God.
- whatever your color, culture and customs, your age, abilities or your sexual orientation.
- wherever circumstances find you… in the midst of change or challenge or pain, in need of strength and hope, or in search of spiritual fullness and friendship.
- whether you are a new visitor or an old friend, have no church home, have doubts or do not believe, or want to follow Christ and pursue peace and justice in Christ's name.
You are embraced as an expression of the diversity and beauty of the creation God has given us, and you are welcome here.
Our mission focus is the New Hope Community Food Pantry, an emergency food pantry serving zip codes 60630, 60631, 60646, and 60656 on the Northwest Side of Chicago. The food pantry operates in the lower level of its host church, New Hope United Methodist Church (7115 W. Hood Ave.), and serves clients each Tuesday from 9:30 am-11:30 a.m. Please visit the volunteer page to learn more about volunteer opportunities at NHCFP.