Receive Our Group Emails
Our members and partners have many opportunities to support LGBTQ acceptance, inclusion and equality. We are developing a list of opportunities such as these:
LGBT Refugees in Chicago
Chicago LGBT Asylum Support Program (CLASP) is an outgrowth of a nationwide group called LGBT Faith & Asylum Network (LGBT-FAN) which is dedicated to helping people who are seeking safety in the U.S. because of persecution based on sexual orientation or gender identity in their home countries. CLASP organizers hope to set an example in Chicago and be a model for other cities wanting to help this community.
CLASP is asking for help:
- Identifying apartments or rooms in homes that can be used for a minimum of 6 months.
- Providing volunteer jobs while asylum seekers wait to receive asylum.
- Making tax-deductible gifts of money, food and clothing for asylum seekers who may have fled with nothing.
The offering taken at the Coalition's 2014 Ecumenical Pride Service went to CLASP.
Donations can be made in care of Broadway United Methodist Church.
How Your Church Can Join
Please download these forms if your congregation is interested in becoming a member of the Coalition.
- 2017 Member Benefits: Outlines aspects of membership, benefits and dues for prospective member congregations
- 2017 Response Form: For congregational representatives to fill out to apply for membership
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post or Co-Sponsor an Event
It is our mission to help publicize events of our members, and we do so regularly without need of formal co-sponsorship label in these ways:
- We encourage member organizations to use our Yahoo listserv,
- We coordinate the annual Pride Calendar for Pride Chicago booklet, area publicity, bulletin inserts/posters and limited area posting.
What Does Co-Sponsorship Involve?
During Pride month and throughout the year, events that are "co-sponsored" include:
- Weekly worship in June, in keeping with CCWC tradition
- Events that CCWC volunteer leaders envision, and for which they reach out for co-sponsorship for logistical/outreach support from one or more local church.
- Events that CCWC members envision and for which they seek CCWC name for co-sponsorship.
Co-sponsored events are expected to be ecumenical.
Co-sponsored events include these mutual benefits and responsibilities:
- The use of all parties' logo and name on publicity materials.
- Distribution on-site of all parties' literature to the full degree desired.
- The opportunity for a representative of CCWC to bring greetings and raise awareness of CCWC.
- When an offering is taken, part or all of it will go to CCWC.
- Publicity of the event will be a shared responsibility.
Co-sponsorship will be considered and approved by the entire Planning Team.